Monday, February 27, 2012

Glory To God

I was thinking today about what Bro. David Platt and Bro. Brad Bessant said last week and and I just can't get this out of my mind.  They both said at different times that everything we do should be done to glorify God. 
 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1st Cor. 10:31
  And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.  Col. 3:17

So thinking about these two verses what are we suppose to do?   I really do not think that we are supposed to so self-centered that we think we are good enough to glorify God on our own.  We glorify God through Jesus Christ and being obedient to Him.  Do you think God is glorified if we are not thinking of godly things first?  I don't think so.  I used to think that I was doing what God wanted but God opened my eyes when i decided that it was no longer about me and my two it was about God and everything He desired.  God gave us all a job to do as Christians, and that is not to gain more and more earthly stuff, (I don't think it is wrong to have stuff but it wrong to place our stuff and desire for more stuff ahead of God).  What is our job? Our job is tell everyone we come in contact with about Jesus.  Is that radical, yes! Is it what God desires, Yes!  When we tell people about Jesus we glorify God.   Do you really think God saved us from hell and forgave our sins in order for us to sit in our pews and act like we are serving God when the lost around us are dying and going to hell.  The answer is NO ! Just because you go to church when the door is open does not necessarily mean your serving and glorifying Him.  God desires that we do what He wants and He wants the whole world to be saved.  Through our obedience to Him we ultimately glorify Him. 
I was thinking about today and wondered if everything I have done today has really glorified God.  The answer is no not really, sin keeps us from glorifying God. The thing about God is that He forgives and we have a clean slate to try again.  Did everything you do today glorify God?  If not, and it did not as forgiveness and try again.  I am.
I know this does not seem like a missions blog about where you send me but it really is how can i tell God send me if I am not doing everything to glorify Him.  So tomorrow try your best to do everything to glorify our God, our Saviour.

Love in Christ,
Doyle, Kay & Abby
Psalms 67:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment